Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hello Kitty goes Rock & Roll


If you had asked me 5 years ago if Hello Kitty was going to join forces with Kiss I'm sure my answer would have been no, but obviously I was way off base.


Here is what I saw on the cutting table yeaterday....



 I have to say I love this! We just received this darling line of Hello Kitty from David Textiles. The cotton prints are crisp and the two fleece panels makes great blankets. Here are a few of the patterns of what we got in...


                                                                                                


Click here to see all the cotton prints or here if you want to check out the fleece panels.


One of our buyer made up the fleece panels. While the lighting in the store isn't great, these panels are.


                   


Aren't these fun? You might think only little girls love Hello Kitty, but not so. My teen daughter and all her friends are into Hello Kitty. I think Hello Kitty is retro. Honestly I'm ot really sure, but I know we can't keep it on the shelf.  I have a feeling these prints are going to fly out of the store just as the other have.





I'm a big fan of PJ bottoms. I think the cotton prints would be perfect.  You could use one print for the majority of the pants, and than use another for the cuff.

Craftstylish says you’ll need:

  • Favorite pair of pajamas

  • Ironing board and iron

  • 2 yards of main fabric, prewashed and pressed

  • 1/4 yard contrast fabric, prewashed and pressed

  • Cutting mat

  • Fabric marker

  • Seam ruler

  • Ruler

  • Scissors

  • Pins

  • Thread

  • Sewing machine

  • Safety pin

  • 1 yard of 1-1/4-inch nonroll, sew-through elastic

  • Seam ripper

  • Approximately 60 inches of 1/2-inch ribbon


Check out our Notions section for most of the items she suggests. Our ribbons are here and more cotton that you know what to do with is here, that's if you haven't already put the Hello Kitty in your cart. LOL! Just a side note, if you love your first pair so much you have to make another, why not try flannel or fleece. Just a thought.

Here is a video that uses jeans to make the pattern. Looks like a great idea.


If you get started now you can have a great homemade gift ready for the holidays. Remember these prints are  online, as well as in the store.

1 comment: